Become a Hearing Support Volunteer
Adjusting to hearing loss and wearing hearing aids is difficult for many people.
West Norfolk Hearing Support Volunteers are able to provide practical and emotional support for people who wear NHS hearing aids.
What do the volunteers do?
- Clean hearing aids and ear moulds
- Replace faulty or old tubing
- Supply batteries
- Diagnose hearing aid faults and provide maintenance
- Provide information about and demonstrations of assistive equipment
- Provide information about Lipreading classes, signing classes, Tinnitus support and other organisations
No previous experience is needed. Just an understanding of the issues that face deaf and hard of hearing people and the enthusiasm to help.
A full driving licence is essential. Full training will be given and all expenses will be paid.
Share This Page:
I am proud to be part of an organisation that is really making a difference to people with a hearing loss.
Hearing Support Volunteer